Sequim Prairie Nights
19 August 2017
Enthusiast, owners and just plain car guys and gals, plan on attending* the first downtown Sequim car show and shine this August 19, 2017 and experience the Sequim downtown in a whole new manner.
Yes, the event is called Sequim Prairie Nights and is being held during the day but we hope you will stay and make the night your own experience at one of the local venues. Vehicles from the early days of automotive history to 1977 are welcome to participate in the downtown show and shine event. In addition to show participants, special vehicles of significance will be on display and their owners available for questions and comments such as:
- George McMurray and the "Tri-Mac Speedsters" Bonneville Land Speed Record holding 125cc motorcycle (fresh from another LSR attempt at Bonneville)
- A 1966 Chevrolet Corvette "Tanker" recently featured at the Corvette Legends Invitational,
- Locally owned and a fully restored 1917 4-door Touring Model "T" along with historical tools and documentation
- A local historical vehicle, "Paddy Wagon" from the local Police Dept.
- A fully restored 1945 Fire truck from Sequim's bygone days.
- A restored logging truck used on the peninsula in the heyday of peninsula logging.
This premier events proceeds will benefit local non-profits; Primarily the Sequim Museum building fund and food donations for the local Sequim Food Bank. Additionally it is hoped that participants and attendees alike will find the time to visit the local restaurants and retail outlets during their visit. The Sequim Prairie is a unique eco-climate and enjoys a minimal rain fall when compared to the rest of the Olympic Peninsula. While it may be raining elsewhere, we in Sequim are usually dry.
Periodic drawings will be held throughout the day for unique car and non-car related items. Tickets for items to be drawn on will be available all during the day with the first drawing occurring during the 11 o'clock hour. Winners will need to be present to claim their item. Unclaimed items at the end of the day will be subject to additional drawings until a winner is had.
A special item of local Sequim significance and car culture related, is the "GULL" gas station sign, that once graced the Gull Gas Station, previously located in the town center now known as "Centennial Square". Special tickets will be available for the "Gull" sign during various events leading up to the August 19th event as well as at the Sequim Prairie Nights event. The drawing will be held during the final hour of the Sequim Prairie Nights event. The winner need not be present for this drawing and will be notified via email or phone. All proceeds from the "GULL" sign drawing will benefit the Sequim Museum building fund.
Following the Sequim Prairie Nights Car Show and Shine, participants are invited to attend a local "guided" cruise from downtown Sequim out to the Dungeness Spit area where views of the lighthouse and straits are spectacular, continuing on to the Jamestown area and back into the center of Sequim via Bell Hill for more spectacular views. This is approximately a 60 minute tour. Local residents will be encouraged to cheer you on as you cruz by. By this time Sequim streets should be back to normal and visitors are invited to dine at any one of the local fine restaurants, stay the night in one the several local hotels and or visit the award winning 7 Cedars Golf Course or 7 cedars Casino on your way out of town.
* Registration for this event is encouraged due to limited event parking estimated to be approximately 200 vehicles. Registration available here. Advance registration: $25 and at the show $30. Registered participants will receive a fine quality hat with an embriodered 2017 Sequim Prairie Nights logo on the front well worth the price of admission.
Participants and attendees are encouraged to bring a non-perishable food item for the local food bank. Food items may be left at the registration area.